PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Downloading streaming video download

cyrus9020
October 30th, 2011, 09:57 PM
So I recently switched over to Ubuntu from Windows 7 and I noticed that chrome and firefox dont give you the option to download videos like they did in windows. My question is why is that and how can i get back that functionality in Ubuntu?

ajgreeny
October 30th, 2011, 10:37 PM
What videos, and from where? You might be able to right click on the url and click on "save link as", but it depends on the stream properties. For some flash and other format videos and animations you can use the firefox add-on DownloadHelper, but I don't use chromium much so don't know about doing the same using that browser.

cyrus9020
October 30th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Thanx lol, that was it. I wasn't used to the phrase "save link as" I thought that meant save the URL... :lol:

kwacka
October 31st, 2011, 04:11 PM
Also checkout Firefox extensions & add-ons, there are numerous applications there to downnloads from You-Tube, etc.

Also have a look at 'clive' a command-line program to download from video.

CharlesA
November 1st, 2011, 12:14 AM
Closed for review.

lisati
November 1st, 2011, 12:42 AM
Also checkout Firefox extensions & add-ons, there are numerous applications there to downnloads from You-Tube, etc.

Also have a look at 'clive' a command-line program to download from video.

Time for a friendly reminder to read the sticky: http://ubuntuforums.org/announcement.php?f=326

Elfy
November 2nd, 2011, 11:50 PM
Closed for review.

Staying closed.