PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How do I get a menu bar in Firefox?

Qu0ll
October 30th, 2011, 08:56 AM
I have just installed Ubuntu 11.10 and now when I run Firefox it appears to be a "dumbed down" version with no menu bar. How do I get it to appear permanently? If I right click in a tool bar I can see it briefly while the options to configure the buttons are presented but then it disappears again.

MG&TL
October 30th, 2011, 08:59 AM
This is part of Unty's integration with apps. If you look at the toolbar at the top with the network applet and bluetooth and such, if firefox is the window which has focus, the menu will be in the top left hand corner. You'll see what I mean, it's quite intuitive after a bit.

And don't worry, ubuntu is anything BUT dumbed-down.

And if you don't like that, install gnome-shell, KDE or xfce which do not have this feature and you will have the firefox menubar in the right place. EDIT: better still, do what's suggested below.

vasa1
October 30th, 2011, 09:00 AM
I guess you could go into Tools, Add-ons, Extensions and just disable the two "Ubuntu" extensions and restart Firefox.

Qu0ll
October 30th, 2011, 09:05 AM
This is part of Unty's integration with apps. If you look at the toolbar at the top with the network applet and bluetooth and such, if firefox is the window which has focus, the menu will be in the top left hand corner. You'll see what I mean, it's quite intuitive after a bit.

And don't worry, ubuntu is anything BUT dumbed-down.

And if you don't like that, install gnome-shell, KDE or xfce which do not have this feature and you will have the firefox menubar in the right place. EDIT: better still, do what's suggested below.

Thanks, I can see it now using Unity.

MG&TL
October 30th, 2011, 09:06 AM
NP, I hope you enjoy your ubuntu.