PDA

View Full Version : Cannot access frontend settings menu

makingtheswitch
October 27th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I've installed Mythbuntu 32bit 10.04, 10.10, 11.04 and now 11.10 and have never been able to access the frontend's settings menu.

When I try to, I am prompted for my password. I use a keyboard to type that in and when I hit Enter, the on-screen keyboard pops up. The Enter key on the on-screen keyboard seems to have no use. That's about all I can do. I've also tried entering my password, hitting the Down Arrow, then Enter, but that just drops me back at the main menu.

I'm guessing I am missing something basic, but for the life of me I cannot figure it out.

I've checked gksu-properties and it is set, properly, to use sudo instead of su, so it's not that.

nickrout
October 28th, 2011, 12:39 AM
I've installed Mythbuntu 32bit 10.04, 10.10, 11.04 and now 11.10 and have never been able to access the frontend's settings menu.

When I try to, I am prompted for my password. I use a keyboard to type that in and when I hit Enter, the on-screen keyboard pops up. The Enter key on the on-screen keyboard seems to have no use. That's about all I can do. I've also tried entering my password, hitting the Down Arrow, then Enter, but that just drops me back at the main menu.

I'm guessing I am missing something basic, but for the life of me I cannot figure it out.

I've checked gksu-properties and it is set, properly, to use sudo instead of su, so it's not that.

What exactly are you trying to run? the mythbuntu-control-centre or settings within mythtv?