PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Scheduling streaming radio rec. with changing RTMP link

BudworthTDog
October 24th, 2011, 06:38 PM
I have figured out how to record iheartradio in both rtmpdump and VLC. It's not to hard to do except I run into a problem when ever I look into instructions on how to schedual a show to record in the future.

The problem is that iheart changes their rtmp links every 30 minutes or so. The only way I can find to schedule a recording only seem to work with rtmp links that are the same at the time it starts rec.

My thought is to find a way to have a program stay locked onto the link but not start recording until a specific time. I found this link

http://steveluscher.com/archives/scheduling-the-recording-of-an-internet-radio-stream-with-vlc

which seams to be what I'm looking for.

I have played around with VLC telnet and have my head wrapped around it. The problem is this "new" command he talked about in the link doesn't exist, even when I look into "longhelp" in VLC telnet.

Anyone have any thoughts? I like to listen to Rover's Morning Glory on WMMS. They have a 24hr replay station on iheart but it would be nice to just record the show's live broadcast on WMMS 6:30a-11a. Check this show out! It can be quite entertaining.