PDA

View Full Version : Channels randomly disappearing

Mr.Si
October 24th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Mythbuntu, (1 week) but already loving it. (I'm normally a fedora or mepis user on my desktops and laptops).

Anyway, having used it recently and trying to watch "Live TV" on it, I noticed that it loses the ability to relay channels.

I have a DVB Nova-T 500 card with 2 inputs, (only one is currently connected).

I notice that the BBC 1 & 2 channels, especially, are highly sensitive to possibly power cables, but I am using top quality WF100 cable (propely screened) and also route my cables sensibly.
I also have a Masthead Amp installed.

I was using it for Live TV on Saturday and was watching something on BBC and then moved over to watch something on a channel called "Yesterday".

I then tried to go back to the BBC channels but according to the Mythbuntu box, even though they were showing in the EDB listings and were available for "browsing", it refused to show the channel's contents and chose another channel instead.

Has anyone else found this? Does anyone know how to overcome this?

The TV works absolutely fine when using the aerial lead into it directly.

mookie60
October 30th, 2011, 04:07 AM
If you only have the one input currently hooked-up, is it possible it had started to record something.

When I'm viewing live tv through a dvb input, I often forget that it's sometimes recording, and I'm actually watching via a virtual tuner - so it's limited to the channels on that multiplex.

You may well have something more significant occurring, I just thought I'd suggest the possibility.