PDA

View Full Version : Mythbuntu PC needs rebooting every day

icmdwilliams
October 18th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't see it.

Every day when I come in from work I check my mythtv, and the channels are screwed up as in some (a lot) are missing and the ones that are there do not lock. I reboot the PC running mythbuntu and everything comes back.

I am using a PEAK221544AGPK dual tuner card running the latest the lastest download of Mythbuntu, I have patched it but not upgraded to ubuntu 11.10

Has anyone else experienced anything similar and if so how did they solve it.

Thanks in advance

Dave.

ian dobson
October 19th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Hi,

Maybe provide some log files (dmesg, /var/log/syslog, and /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log)

Sound alot like a tuner problem, if your seeing i2c errors in your syslog then maybe try booting with the irqpoll kernel option.

Regards
Ian Dobson

icmdwilliams
October 19th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Hi,

Maybe provide some log files (dmesg, /var/log/syslog, and /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log)

Sound alot like a tuner problem, if your seeing i2c errors in your syslog then maybe try booting with the irqpoll kernel option.

Regards
Ian Dobson

OK will have a look, but yes I do agree it does feel like a tuner issue. My problem is I'm very new to mythbuntu and not very experienced with ubuntu.

Many thanks

Dave.

icmdwilliams
October 19th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Yes I am seeing these, not a lot but some, I think they coincide with the times I try and watch the TV.

Oct 19 13:13:59 MEDIA-SERVER kernel: [72689.384073] af9013: I2C write failed reg:ae00 len:1

and

Oct 19 08:57:03 MEDIA-SERVER kernel: [57273.614871] tda18271_read_regs: [6-00c0|M] ERROR: i2c_transfer returned: -1

You mention trying irqpoll kernel option, I will have a look and see if I can spot where this is located.

Again many thanks

Dave.

ian dobson
October 20th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Hi,

The irqpoll option needs to be added to the kernel command line, so you need to add it to grub. I don't have access to a linux box so I can't provide you with exact instructions.

Have a look here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2#Configuring%20GRUB%202

Regards
Ian Dobson