PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] using all inputs

GaryG007
October 16th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I am getting the message
"mythtv is using all inputs, but there are no active recordings?.
Hitting "OK" after the above message, the message "could not connect to the master backend server" is received.

My capture card is a hauphaug(spelling??) pvr150; I am using the
composite-1 input; the video source is a "Dish network VIP211K satellite box"

The command

cat /dev/video0 > /home/gary/Desktop/xxx.mpg
does produce a good view-able mpeg file.

Very frustrating;

Any help greatly appreciated

Gary

nickrout
October 17th, 2011, 01:47 AM
what do your logs tell you?

GaryG007
October 18th, 2011, 07:28 PM
what do your logs tell you?

Thank you for the reply, Nickrout.
I had previously looked at the logs, but they didn't really tell me a whole lot about what was causing the problem. After your reply, and some more changes trying to get it to work,and doing a good bit of searching, I discovered that the localhost name used by mythtv wasn't necessarily that which was entered in the configuration files. The configuration files all said "localhost" as host name; yet the backend used "sdd4"** as host name.

What I had was a frontend with a host name of "localhost" and a backend using "sdd4" as host name. Both running on the same box.

I checked /etc/hostname and found that it showed "sdd4" so I changed it to "localhost" - that took care of the problem.

** sdd4 was the name I used when I installed mythbuntu

Gary

fierodough
October 22nd, 2011, 12:19 PM
I checked /etc/hostname and found that it showed "sdd4" so I changed it to "localhost" - that took care of the problem.

** sdd4 was the name I used when I installed mythbuntu

Gary

I have the same problem!

At the expense of showing my true skills with ubuntu... How do I change the above setting?

Thank you!

GaryG007
November 1st, 2011, 01:41 AM
I have the same problem!

At the expense of showing my true skills with ubuntu... How do I change the above setting?

Thank you!

what I did was to look at "/etc/hostname" to see what it contained. It contained what was shown in the command prompt, which was "sdd4".

So I changed /etc/hostname to contain the hostname that mythtv was looking for.
"localhost"