PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] frontend does not start anymore

marco.hahn
October 13th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I have set up a new standalone machine, backend and frontend on a single PC. Since I knew that I would encounter difficulties with the graphics driver and the hauppauge remote control, I somehow turned off automatic start of mythwelcome. Now I cannot find a way to turn it on again correctly.

Regardless of whether I switch on the PC manually or whether it automatically starts up to record a show, I want mythwelcome to start up. However, even if I select Mythbuntu if xfce session manager, I only get a xfce desktop, but no mythwelcome or mythfrontend.

System is mythbuntu 11.04.

What's wrong here? Any help is welcome!

Marco

nickrout
October 13th, 2011, 10:28 PM
I have set up a new standalone machine, backend and frontend on a single PC. Since I knew that I would encounter difficulties with the graphics driver and the hauppauge remote control, I somehow turned off automatic start of mythwelcome. Now I cannot find a way to turn it on again correctly.

Regardless of whether I switch on the PC manually or whether it automatically starts up to record a show, I want mythwelcome to start up. However, even if I select Mythbuntu if xfce session manager, I only get a xfce desktop, but no mythwelcome or mythfrontend.

Marco

mythbuntu control centre should sort that for you.

klc5555
October 14th, 2011, 01:49 AM

Marco

Add the command mythfrontend to the 'Application Autostart' menu under 'Settings' > 'Session and Startup' in xfce's start menu.

marco.hahn
October 14th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Add the command mythfrontend to the 'Application Autostart' menu under 'Settings' > 'Session and Startup' in xfce's start menu.

This is definitely not where I switched it off, but now it works like I want it. Thanks a lot!

Marco