PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Massive Wi-fi Packet Loss on EeePC1015PEM When on Battery

Serujisu
October 11th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Hopefully I'm putting this in the right forum - I can think of about three other places this would have been relevant. Either way, I'm getting about %80 to %90 packet loss when I'm running my Asus EeePC 1015PEM on battery power. If I plug it into AC power, the issue is gone.

I've done a bit of looking around to see if anyone else has resolved this, but all I've been able to find is solutions to issues of the wi-fi not connecting to anything at all (I'm still connecting just fine to routers while on battery, but it still comes with the packet loss).

The wireless card is Ralink RT3090, and I've added in Markus Heberling's driver fix. If it's relevant, I didn't have this issue when I was running Lubuntu on this netbook (prior to my current installation of Natty 11.04). I might need guidance with terminal inputs, being that my intention of Ubuntu is partially to re-acquaint myself with inputting commands after having not used DOS since I was about 8 or so.