PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] wireless at work

rcayea
October 11th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am having trouble getting my wireless to work here at my work place. When I boot into windows, on this dual boot laptop, of course, the internet signal is picked up and works like a charm. I am wondering if there isn't some firmware loaded that may solve my wireless problems on Ubuntu. Is there some way to load firmware after boot-up so I may use wireless?

Thanks,
Randy

poolet
October 11th, 2011, 03:00 PM
there must be a firmware but unfortunately I don't know... try google :) also did you try to use your wireless outside of your work?? and works ?? At the end try to change the authentication to see what's happen........ for example if your using WPA-PSK change it to WEP-AES

rcayea
October 11th, 2011, 03:50 PM
there must be a firmware but unfortunately I don't know... try google :) also did you try to use your wireless outside of your work?? and works ?? At the end try to change the authentication to see what's happen........ for example if your using WPA-PSK change it to WEP-AES

Yes, as weird as it is, my wireless laptop works great outside of work (home, starbucks) I have the wireless setup security/authentication correctly setup.

newbie-user
October 11th, 2011, 04:37 PM
One thing we do here at my work is limit network access to certain devices only. We do things like MAC filtering, OS fingerprinting, and user authentication. Maybe your work is using something like OS fingerprinting maybe?

rcayea
October 11th, 2011, 06:39 PM
One thing we do here at my work is limit network access to certain devices only. We do things like MAC filtering, OS fingerprinting, and user authentication. Maybe your work is using something like OS fingerprinting maybe?

I am starting to think that is the case.

thanks.