PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Magicolor 2400W Prints too Dark

jacar
October 5th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Hi,

I have my Magicolor 2400W mostly working. When I try to print graphics or photos, the print comes out too dark. I've tried printing from both GIMP and Adobe Acrobat 9.04. I've been all over the boards and have googled for some possible solutions with no luck so here I am.

Using 11.04 as my OS. I am not sure of the drivers but I believe they are the foomatic drivers.

Things I've tried...

In printer options in CUPS there is image option for the following...

Saturation 100%
Hue Adjustment 0
Gamma 1000

These are stock. I tried setting the gamma to 2000 and got a quarter sized image. Was not expecting that. Saturation was set to 50% at the same time. I have not messed with Hue yet and am not sure if I want a negative or positive value. The values range from 180 to -180.

I've also messed with various iterations of the print options before printing with no luck (or change) at all.

If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. I can check the exact drivers when I get home but I believe they came from the foomatic site.

EDIT I am using the foomatic drivers for the 2300/2400W printer that comes with Ubuntu. They are being controlled by cupsd.

John

fussl
June 19th, 2012, 01:57 PM
I have the same problem. Is no one here to help?
Are we alone with this problem?
):P:???: