PDA

View Full Version : Mythbuntu GUI Failues and System Freezing

Gremlyn1
September 28th, 2011, 05:13 PM
I am setting up a new HTPC with the intent to run Mythbuntu with XBMC. Here are the computer's specs:
-Intel Pentium G860 Sandy Bridge
-Biostart TH61 Mini-ITX Mother Board
-2x2GB G.SKILL RipjawsDDR3-1600 (compatible with Sandy Bridge)

I installed Mythbuntu 11.04 64-bit seemingly without any issues. When I first booted up the system seemed to hang inside the MythTV Front End, and then I rebooted and all seemed OK. I set about setting up my various software components (sabnzbd, sick beard, and xbmc) and noticed a few odd things. The taskbar at the top wouldn't update properly. At one point I had Firefox open and it didn't even show up in the taskbar. I was also getting ghosting of pop-up boxes when hovering over things like Applications, and another time the Mythbuntu desktop loaded (at this point I had turned MythTV auto start to off) but the task bar didn't show up, however I could still click 'on' and open the Applications menu. During the times when the whole GUI seems to freeze on me, I also usually (but not always) lose mouse/key board as well. On the occasions that I have lost mouse and KB, I have still been able to SSH in to the computer from my laptop, though I don't immediately see anything wrong. My debug skills are not that great though, so suggestions on anything I can check would be very welcome!

nickrout
September 28th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Probably related to the fact sndy bridge is not well supported on linux.

Gremlyn1
September 28th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Hmm, I thought I had read up and saw that it was fairly stable in 11.04. I guess I shall try Mythbuntu 11.10 beta2 and see how it is.