PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How can i build a laptop? On a budget?

cblnchat
September 23rd, 2011, 11:34 PM
I would like to build a laptop. I've looked it up and its possible and seems fairly easy and straight forward. But how would i go about building one on a budget? The one i looked up ended up being around $1500 i think, and i don't have that much rightnow...what could i do to make it a bit cheaper? And of course i want it running Ubuntu :D

Thanks

sammiev
September 23rd, 2011, 11:38 PM
I would like to build a laptop. I've looked it up and its possible and seems fairly easy and straight forward. But how would i go about building one on a budget? The one i looked up ended up being around $1500 i think, and i don't have that much rightnow...what could i do to make it a bit cheaper? And of course i want it running Ubuntu :D

Thanks

Post all the specs that you want and where you are getting all your quotes for parts. Parts usually cost more than buying one off the self. :) I do want to compare.

wolfen69
September 24th, 2011, 04:38 AM
Imho, I think you'd be better off buying a laptop off of craigslist. If you are patient, you can find some really good deals. I bought a laptop and netbook from a woman for $80 total. I just needed to replace the screen on the netbook for $40. The laptop was in mint condition, and just needed a reinstall of the OS. Good deal, eh?