PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a small QCaD issue

Kimm
May 30th, 2006, 08:12 PM
I just started playing around with QCaD to make some plans for a future project.
But I dont realy understand the program...

I need to ad measurements and... well... not dotted lines... lined lines? xD (something like this: - - - - - - - ("streckad linje" in swedish)), but I cant seem to find the feature that lets me do this... could anyone help out? Surely there must be something like this in a CAD Program?

I tried drawing in Inkscape... and that sorta worked... but it was alot more work involved (as its not made for this cind of thing) so I'd rather not have to do that.

ekarni
May 31st, 2006, 02:35 AM
Here's a few ways to make dashed lines:

1) By layer (probably best, lets you turn everything on the layer on and off together)
1A) Assign it when creating a new layer. Layer -> Add layer, then change the linetype pulldown in the dialog box from "continuous" to something else.

1B) Move existing lines to an existing dashed layer. Click the edit toolbar button, then select the lines, hit the bottom "continue" arrow button, and re-assign the layer (top pulldown in the dialog box).

2) Change existing lines individually. Do it as in 1B, but instead of changing layer, just change the linetype.

The same process also applies to changing line color and lineweight as well.