PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Screen brightness controller stops work after sleep mode

Teraspes
September 20th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Hi!

I have a Toshiba R830 laptop. The problem I have is that the screen brightness controller stops work after I resume the computer from sleep mode. If I do a complete reboot - I can change the screen brightness. It works if I wake it up from hibernate too. But not from Suspend.

I have tried to set the brightness from the terminal too - but it doesn't work either.

sudo pkexec gnome-power-backlight-helper --set-brightness 1 doesn't do anything. Neither does:
sudo acpitool -l 1Does anybody here know if this is possible to solve in some way? Is it possible to restart a fitting daemon or something? Or are there any logs that I should look in?

I'm thankful for all answers. :)

faceonline
September 22nd, 2011, 11:31 AM
+1 Toshiba R700. Only noticed this the other day. Have you tried restarting X? Not that that's a fix though...

technosysind
September 22nd, 2011, 11:48 AM
What are your settings in power management??

filipejps
October 1st, 2011, 01:43 AM
Same problem here with my Toshiba tecra m11

Teraspes
October 24th, 2011, 11:33 AM
I'm sorry, I forgot this thread. I still have the problem. :/

+1 Toshiba R700. Only noticed this the other day. Have you tried restarting X? Not that that's a fix though...
No, how do I do that?

What are your settings in power management??
Umm..
On Battery Power:
Put computer to sleep ..: never
Lid closed: Suspend
Battery critically low: Suspend
Spin down hard disks: checked
Put display to sleep ...: 0:30
Reduce backlight: unchecked
Dim display when idle: unchecked

Sonador
January 21st, 2012, 12:16 AM
Any ideas? Same problem on Acer Extensa with GMA 4500

I have read a lot of posts about this issue but have found no solution. It is annoying and it affects different distros, I read even several posts about the problem on Windows...huh

Sonador
April 28th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Nice, I've installed the new 12.04 xubuntu and it is OK now.