PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] unity dash

raja.genupula
September 14th, 2011, 02:35 AM
hi its my third thread today
i am maintaining separate threads to each one .
we all know about unity dash , i am attaching that picture also . there how can i made some modifications . i mean if we open dash , its giving as media apps internet apps like this. now what i wanna do is replace them with the applications what i want .
thanks in advance .

mc4man
September 14th, 2011, 03:40 AM
Browse the web, Check email, and Listen to music will all show whatever you pick from available choices in System Settings > System Info > Default Applications, (Web, Mail, Music

I don't believe View Photos can be changed without a source edit or some unadvised binary diversion/rename, or removing shotwell which will then pick from a preset top down list

raja.genupula
September 14th, 2011, 07:12 AM
actually i am not using them (up side items), for any application i want i am searching them in the dash it self and using . so i wanna replace them with any other application i am gonna use mostly .

thanks in advance

lucazade
September 14th, 2011, 08:07 AM
cannot be changed.. yep, are pretty useless also for me.

raja.genupula
September 14th, 2011, 09:45 AM
so guys i am thinking to close this and mark as solved , what you gonna suggest ?
keep this like this or end ?

mc4man
September 14th, 2011, 03:20 PM
cannot be changed.. yep, are pretty useless also for me.

You can alter this to some extent in the src, - PlacesHomeView.cpp

As is the only favorite that can be expanded to 'non-traditional' choices without much consequence is 'Listen to Music' - it is the default for audio/x-vorbis+ogg= and choices available in System Info.. can be expanded by adding to audio/x-vorbis+ogg= in the Added Associations section in ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list

raja.genupula
September 14th, 2011, 03:46 PM
hey
is that only way for changing those things ?

lucazade
September 14th, 2011, 03:54 PM
You can alter this to some extent in the src, - PlacesHomeView.cpp

As is the only favorite that can be expanded to 'non-traditional' choices without much consequence is 'Listen to Music' - it is the default for audio/x-vorbis+ogg= and choices available in System Info.. can be expanded by adding to audio/x-vorbis+ogg= in the Added Associations section in ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list

good to know.. I can live with it at the moment, I hope anyway it will be revamped in future unity iterations.

raja.genupula
September 14th, 2011, 06:07 PM
so i think i am done with this.
thanks to all for spending your time .
i am closing this .