PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Resetting compiz settings to distro defaults?

effenberg0x0
September 13th, 2011, 02:39 AM
I've been playing around with compiz plugins settings and applying regexps for specific rules, etc in order to make the desktop more usable despite the window focus problems (which still haunt me even after todays upgrades to compiz and unity).

Is there a proper way to reset compiz and its plugins to the distribution defaults? I imagine that if I just purge and reinstall it I probably won't be having them set the way compiz / unity developers expect users to have them configured as of now (considering workarounds, etc).

Regards,
Effenberg

mc4man
September 13th, 2011, 02:50 AM
'Probably'

gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/compiz

drs305
September 13th, 2011, 02:51 AM
If you have installed the CompizConfig Settings Manager (ccsm) you should be able to reset to the compiz defaults via the Preferences, Profile button.

jbicha
September 13th, 2011, 04:02 AM
You should be able to just run

unity --reset

effenberg0x0
September 13th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Excellent solutions, its fixed. It's funny I had never seen the profile option inside CCSM and was doing things in a much more complicated way (get/set with gconftool inside bash script).

Anyway, its all fixed now.

Thanks,
Effenberg

drs305
September 13th, 2011, 12:06 PM
EIt's funny I had never seen the profile option inside CCSM and was doing things in a much more complicated way (get/set with gconftool inside bash script).

As you can probably guess, it's also a very simple way of backing up your compiz customizations once you get things set up the way you want them.

Happy Ubuntu-ing !