PDA

View Full Version : [other] questions before i install

cordell507
September 12th, 2011, 01:23 PM
i have a macbook pro7,1 and whenever i booted the ubuntu cd to try it the brightness was really low and the air port didn't work, i have my drive ready for the install and everything ready im just wondering how to istall the needed drivers, thank you

Ken147
September 12th, 2011, 06:54 PM
i have a macbook pro7,1 and whenever i booted the ubuntu cd to try it the brightness was really low and the air port didn't work, i have my drive ready for the install and everything ready im just wondering how to istall the needed drivers, thank you

when you booted and the brightness was down, were you plugged into a power source or running it off the battery?

cordell507
September 12th, 2011, 10:12 PM
when you booted and the brightness was down, were you plugged into a power source or running it off the battery?

i wasn't pluged in but it only happened that one time

Ken147
September 12th, 2011, 10:44 PM
i wasn't pluged in but it only happened that one time

ahh, ok then. by airport i assume you mean the wifi card. then yes it will install drivers when you install ubuntu

cordell507
September 13th, 2011, 02:18 AM
ahh, ok then. by airport i assume you mean the wifi card. then yes it will install drivers when you install ubuntu

I installed and ethernet will work but when i click the internet icon in the status bar it says wireless networks and under that it says device not ready(firmware missing)

Im currently updating so maybe that will work

cordell507
September 13th, 2011, 03:47 AM
did the firmware update and it didn't change and i've noticed the backlight is dimmer even when pluged in

Ken147
September 13th, 2011, 01:30 PM
did the firmware update and it didn't change and i've noticed the backlight is dimmer even when pluged in

1) for wifi: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBookPro7-1/Natty

2) as for the dim backlight check the power management.

cordell507
September 13th, 2011, 11:00 PM
1) for wifi: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBookPro7-1/Natty

2) as for the dim backlight check the power management.

thank you very much

Ken147
September 14th, 2011, 12:05 AM
thank you very much

no problem, let me know if it works!! :)