PDA

View Full Version : why only 1 display is being detected

lime4x4
September 10th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Trying to get dual monitors to work properly. When going under system settings then displays it only detects one monitor. I'm using a nvidia graphic card with dual outputs. I installed the latest nvidia-current. When using the additional driver's program it shows 2 nvidia drivers installed with the top one being used while the bottom one is installed but not activated

cariboo907
September 11th, 2011, 04:32 AM
Dual displays work for me without any problems using nouveau and nvidia-current. I'd suggest removing /etc/X11/xorg.conf, and rebooting. I have run into a problem when re-installing nvidia-current, but removing xorg.conf and rebooting solves the problem. Use nvidia-settings to create a new xorg.conf.

effenberg0x0
September 11th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Dual display also working here normally, using NVidia proprietary drivers (280.13). I am using NVidia GTS450 and the setup is done by NVidia X Server Settings application.

Regards,
Effenberg

lime4x4
September 11th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Are u using gnome-shell?. I have dual monitors working in unity. I prefer gnome-shell thou

cariboo907
September 12th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Which driver are you using? The fx5200 needs a different driver from the 7600gt.

meborc
September 12th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Trying to get dual monitors to work properly. When going under system settings then displays it only detects one monitor. I'm using a nvidia graphic card with dual outputs. I installed the latest nvidia-current. When using the additional driver's program it shows 2 nvidia drivers installed with the top one being used while the bottom one is installed but not activated

Dude, you left your transmission window open during your screenshot... now was that wise ;) ?

lime4x4
September 12th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Dude, you left your transmission window open during your screenshot... now was that wise ;) ?

Pirating is illegal, please remove the offending screenshot!

removed but the last time i checked downloading tv shows from non pay channels isn't illegal

meborc
September 12th, 2011, 01:17 PM
removed but the last time i checked downloading tv shows from non pay channels isn't illegal

You might be right. I am not so familiar with the fine print :D I removed the hint on pirating

Better safe than sorry, I guess

cariboo907
September 12th, 2011, 04:22 PM
If you download copyrighted material, it's best not to mention anything about it here. It may not be illegal where you live, but in some countries it is.

lime4x4
September 13th, 2011, 11:27 PM
i've updated my sig. the current graphic card is geforce gts 450