PDA

View Full Version : More ponies

MonolithImmortal
September 7th, 2011, 04:35 AM
Can we kindly continue our discussion of ponies?

Original thread by Bibo.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1709718

EDIT: And yes Jeremiah, seriously. Ponies are srs bizness. http://omgcheesecake.net/public/style_emoticons/default/srsbsn.png

Thewhistlingwind
September 7th, 2011, 04:39 AM
That that thread lasted as long as it did is sad.

That there is demand for it to be continued is worse.

trollolo
September 7th, 2011, 05:00 AM
of course there will be more ponies. in celebration of the mods no longer filtering every single one of my posts

P.S. i have a thing for fluttershy believe it or not

MonolithImmortal
September 7th, 2011, 05:10 AM

Screenshot

CarpKing
September 7th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Sure, though I wouldn't expect traffic to take off until season two starts up. We probably needed a new thread for them anyways.

Jesus_Valdez
September 7th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Why?

Copper Bezel
September 7th, 2011, 05:25 AM
And just a little over a week to go. Squee!

I've been trying some miniature sculpting (inspired by some Pony minis at another board,) and I think I might have to make an Ubuntu-tan Pony. (Cutie mark is fairly obvious. = D)

Edit:

P.S. i have a thing for fluttershy believe it or not
It's all about Rarity, IMO.

trollolo
September 7th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Why?

ponies need no reason, instead, here are 5 faces rainbow dash made while hearing that question

Jesus_Valdez
September 7th, 2011, 06:16 AM
My point is, you have thousands of other places and imageboards to discuss ponies.

Why don't just take the ubuntu ponies to ponychan?

jtarin
September 7th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Ah! The pony fetish!

mmsmc
September 7th, 2011, 06:32 AM

:D tell me about it

Copper Bezel
September 7th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Yeah, you're bumping the thread to say so. If there's no demand, won't it disappear? = )

In any case, there are other places to talk Ponies that aren't 4chan, but this is fun, too.

yetiman64
September 7th, 2011, 07:29 AM
#-oWhere's a glue factory/abattoir when you need one ? :P

Legendary_Bibo
September 7th, 2011, 08:22 AM
No pony has anything on Rainbow Dash :D

ninjaaron
September 7th, 2011, 10:42 AM
http://images.wikia.com/mlp/images/7/70/Rainbow_dash_evil_looking.PNG

less-than

http://chzbronies.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-pinkie-pie-has-the-swag.jpg

XubuRoxMySox
September 7th, 2011, 12:06 PM

There isn't any demand for it. I think it's a joke being played on the rest of us by a couple of UF members. Or a game to see how long they can make a dumb thread about a little kids' show last.

What you can't really tell is whether or not the two or three people keeping it alive are poking fun at "us kids using a kiddie distro" and acting like obsessed "Linux Youth," which the Pony thread is a parody of. A darn good one, actually.

ninjaaron
September 7th, 2011, 12:27 PM
There isn't any demand for it. I think it's a joke being played on the rest of us by a couple of UF members. Or a game to see how long they can make a dumb thread about a little kids' show last.

What you can't really tell is whether or not the two or three people keeping it alive are poking fun at "us kids using a kiddie distro" and acting like obsessed "Linux Youth," which the Pony thread is a parody of. A darn good one, actually.

I'm pretty sure Bibo is completely obsessed with MLP:FIM in real life.

You're just thinking to hard.

_d_
September 7th, 2011, 12:29 PM
This thread...I just....no....

http://up-ship.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/dontWant2Featured.png

Alwimo
September 7th, 2011, 12:37 PM
I've seen 11 or so episodes and I like it a bit. I'll watch an episode once in a while.

yetiman64
September 7th, 2011, 12:52 PM
This thread...I just....no....

http://up-ship.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/dontWant2Featured.png

:lol:....=D>

Edit: lets go join up with Fry, Bender and the crew. Now thats a top cartoon :lol:

MonolithImmortal
September 7th, 2011, 12:54 PM

Wat...

Tristam Green
September 7th, 2011, 01:43 PM

it's a conspiracy!

that, or it's that there are people who genuinely like the show. my wife and i are huge fans - it's a cute tv show with a great message, and it's something an entire family can enjoy.

I wonder if the people with a hate-on for MLP:FIM also have or had hate-ons for The Iron Giant, Codename: Kids Next Door, The Powerpuff Girls, and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends?

KUU
September 7th, 2011, 04:13 PM
TBH Sounds like something that's come from 4chan or other chans.

Tristam Green
September 7th, 2011, 04:46 PM
TBH Sounds like something that's come from 4chan or other chans.

in fairness, the brony movement largely did start in 4chan, but .... there is no but - who cares?

trollolo
September 7th, 2011, 04:50 PM
the whole point of ponies is to spam them so that the members of various forums get anally frustrated. if you don't want this thread to stay near the top, don't post in it.

also, lol @ the kid who used a cartoon to make fun of another cartoon

JDShu
September 7th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Less than two weeks until season 2, I'm pretty hyped.

trollolo
September 7th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Less than two weeks until season 2, I'm pretty hyped.

wait what? i thought it was in december?

Giant Speck
September 7th, 2011, 05:37 PM
The ponies are a conspiracy! Oh noes!

_d_
September 7th, 2011, 05:59 PM
also, lol @ the kid who used a cartoon to make fun of another cartoon

I'm not a kid by the way.

trollolo
September 7th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I'm not a kid by the way.

the fact that you even responded to that proves me right. if not in years of age, then in your mentality. welcome to the internet, by the way. ):P):P):P):P):P

_d_
September 7th, 2011, 06:03 PM
welcome to the internet

I was wondering what this strange environment was, thanks for clarifying.

Also for future reference, trolling has no effect on me so you might as well give up now.

KUU
September 7th, 2011, 06:20 PM
in fairness, the brony movement largely did start in 4chan, but .... there is no but - who cares?

:P No worries, 4chan is way too much for me,
I can take about 5 seconds of it.

ninjaaron
September 7th, 2011, 06:26 PM
yeah, if you can already fap to UF, there isn't really any need to visit 4chan.

Neken
September 7th, 2011, 08:01 PM
indeed, but a visit to http://bronies.memebase.com/ is still mandatory :P

KiwiNZ
September 7th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Enough horsing around with this bait topic, lets trot off.