PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Soooo happy!

braufrau
September 5th, 2011, 04:20 AM
I just logged on to say how happy I am with ubuntu on my Asus 1015PN netbook.
A few years ago I tried installing irritating ibis or horrible heron or some such bird on my wind netbook and it was unusable (and I tried really hard to make it work!) but anyway, Windows XP was pretty good on it. But my new Asus ran like a dog with Windows 7 and I thought it would give me a stroke while I waited for applications to respond, so I thought I'd give ubuntu another go and lo and behold, it just works! A little tweaking required but no more than you'd expect and its fast and the unity desktop looks so good on the little screen and I've been running for about 10 days now and no dramas.
I wont put it on my desktop though 'cause it doesn't support Adobe Premier and such like (and no, there are no free equivalents I'm afraid) .
My daughter has been promised a netbook soon, so I reckon the 1001pxd with edubuntu on it will be the thing!

So happy!

Rubi1200
September 5th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Glad to hear you are enjoying your experiences :-)

Perseverance pays off and I am sure you will find solutions for any issues you have, especially by asking here on the forums.

hakermania
September 5th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Nice nice :)
11.10 will be a thrill

Linuxisfast
September 6th, 2011, 12:26 AM
I almost returned my brand new 1015B till I dumped Win7 starter for Natty Narwhal and its been happy happy joy joy ever since :D

IWantFroyo
September 6th, 2011, 12:41 AM
My notebook dances compared to how it was with Windows 7. I just couldn't stand it.

Computers that are declared too old for Windows work with Linux for (usually) years and years.

I still have a half-dead computer from 2000 running fine on Lucid.