PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] sorting photos on exif

Witch Lady
August 30th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Hi,

The problem is: Me & my 2 friends were making photos on hours-log-event. Now, we want to put it chronologically, but as you can imagine, it was uploaded on different times on our computers.

Now, how do I put the photos in folder sorted by actual time of photo taken (which is in exif)?

Witch Lady
November 4th, 2011, 05:24 PM
question still appplicable.

Steeperton
November 4th, 2011, 05:58 PM
pyrenamer will rename your files based on EXIF data. Maybe renaming them with the time stamp will work?

Witch Lady
November 4th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Such a renaming is only a half-mean. In this case it could have worked (made something else). But now, I still have photos from various cameras, which I don't want to rename. Sorting by exif is the best solution.

So, is that possible?

m42tyger
February 1st, 2012, 03:37 PM
I'm looking into this myself at the moment. I found the below, for mp3s, which might be modifiable for photos.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=878683&highlight=browse+exif+data

Will let the thread know if I am able to do anything.

m42tyger
February 1st, 2012, 04:21 PM
The link I posted above does address image exif data, but I couldn't get the deb installer uploaded in the thread to work ("deb is for amd64 architecture" error, I'm on x86).

I followed the rabbit and found this blog where that gives some terminal commands. It works!

https://techsupporttv.wordpress.com/2010/11/17/add-mp3-wav-and-exif-columns-to-your-nautilus-view/

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install nautilus-columns

Once installed, it should automatically restart Nautilus but in case it doesn’t, manually restart Nautilus using the following command:

nautilus -q

dandaman96
April 4th, 2012, 10:03 PM
I've spent most of the afternoon looking for the same solution. When I follow the last suggestion, it tells me that the nautilus-columns package is not available. I'm running 11.10. I guess the search continues.