PDA

View Full Version : Mono

Kodeine
August 28th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Salutations!

So I'm trying to execute a executable file with wine. However I received this error.

install the Windows version of Mono to run .NET executables

I then tried to execute the file with native to Ubuntu mono via 'mono file.exe' but that was also to no avail as I received this.

** (Desktop/FFOW_EFIS_PATCH_V1.2.0_TO_V1.3.0.exe:5229): WARNING **: Method '<Module>:_WinMainCRTStartup ()' in assembly '/home/zack/Desktop/FFOW_EFIS_PATCH_V1.2.0_TO_V1.3.0.exe' contains native code that cannot be executed by Mono on this platform. The assembly was probably created using C++/CLI.

** (Desktop/FFOW_EFIS_PATCH_V1.2.0_TO_V1.3.0.exe:5229): WARNING **: Method '<Module>:<CrtImplementationDetails>.DoDllLanguageSupportValidation ()' in assembly '/home/zack/Desktop/FFOW_EFIS_PATCH_V1.2.0_TO_V1.3.0.exe' contains native code that cannot be executed by Mono on this platform. The assembly was probably created using C++/CLI.

** (Desktop/FFOW_EFIS_PATCH_V1.2.0_TO_V1.3.0.exe:5229): WARNING **: Method '<Module>:_decode_pointer (void*)' in assembly '/home/zack/Desktop/FFOW_EFIS_PATCH_V1.2.0_TO_V1.3.0.exe' contains native code that cannot be executed by Mono on this platform. The assembly was probably created using C++/CLI.

** (Desktop/FFOW_EFIS_PATCH_V1.2.0_TO_V1.3.0.exe:5229): WARNING **: Method '<Module>:<CrtImplementationDetails>.ThrowNestedModuleLoadException (System.Exception,System.Exception)' in assembly '/home/zack/Desktop/FFOW_EFIS_PATCH_V1.2.0_TO_V1.3.0.exe' contains native code that cannot be executed by Mono on this platform. The assembly was probably created using C++/CLI.

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for <Module> ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method contains unsupported native code
at (wrapper managed-to-native) <Module>:<CrtImplementationDetails>.ThrowNestedModuleLoadException (System.Exception,System.Exception)
at <Module>.<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.Cleanup (<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport* , System.Exception innerException) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at <Module>.<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.Initialize (<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport* ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at <Module>..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

It says 'contains native code that cannot be executed by Mono on this platform.' So why have they used mono if it's not entirely cross platform? Does anyone know how I can run this file?

Thanks bye!

directhex
August 29th, 2011, 01:46 AM
Salutations!

So I'm trying to execute a executable file with wine. However I received this error.

install the Windows version of Mono to run .NET executables

I then tried to execute the file with native to Ubuntu mono via 'mono file.exe' but that was also to no avail as I received this.

** (Desktop/FFOW_EFIS_PATCH_V1.2.0_TO_V1.3.0.exe:5229): WARNING **: Method '<Module>:_WinMainCRTStartup ()' in assembly '/home/zack/Desktop/FFOW_EFIS_PATCH_V1.2.0_TO_V1.3.0.exe' contains native code that cannot be executed by Mono on this platform. The assembly was probably created using C++/CLI.

** (Desktop/FFOW_EFIS_PATCH_V1.2.0_TO_V1.3.0.exe:5229): WARNING **: Method '<Module>:<CrtImplementationDetails>.DoDllLanguageSupportValidation ()' in assembly '/home/zack/Desktop/FFOW_EFIS_PATCH_V1.2.0_TO_V1.3.0.exe' contains native code that cannot be executed by Mono on this platform. The assembly was probably created using C++/CLI.

** (Desktop/FFOW_EFIS_PATCH_V1.2.0_TO_V1.3.0.exe:5229): WARNING **: Method '<Module>:_decode_pointer (void*)' in assembly '/home/zack/Desktop/FFOW_EFIS_PATCH_V1.2.0_TO_V1.3.0.exe' contains native code that cannot be executed by Mono on this platform. The assembly was probably created using C++/CLI.

** (Desktop/FFOW_EFIS_PATCH_V1.2.0_TO_V1.3.0.exe:5229): WARNING **: Method '<Module>:<CrtImplementationDetails>.ThrowNestedModuleLoadException (System.Exception,System.Exception)' in assembly '/home/zack/Desktop/FFOW_EFIS_PATCH_V1.2.0_TO_V1.3.0.exe' contains native code that cannot be executed by Mono on this platform. The assembly was probably created using C++/CLI.

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for <Module> ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method contains unsupported native code
at (wrapper managed-to-native) <Module>:<CrtImplementationDetails>.ThrowNestedModuleLoadException (System.Exception,System.Exception)
at <Module>.<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.Cleanup (<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport* , System.Exception innerException) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at <Module>.<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.Initialize (<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport* ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at <Module>..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

It says 'contains native code that cannot be executed by Mono on this platform.' So why have they used mono if it's not entirely cross platform? Does anyone know how I can run this file?

Thanks bye!

They've used C++/CLI by the look of it, which is the .NET version of C++. It't not true .NET (it's more of a regular C++ with .NET wrapped around it) and is therefore not cross-platform.

It might run with the Windows version of Mono, in Wine - since then it's running Windows C++ code in "Windows"

Tweak42
August 29th, 2011, 09:36 PM
I did have some success getting .NET up to 4.0 installed in wine using latest winetricks at http://winetricks.org. There is a certain order you needed to install different packages (forgot where I found the guide). Highly recommend using a clean PREFIX if you trying this because I had to start from scratch many times till I got it right.

Unfortunately, in the end I still wasn't able to get the .NET program I wanted running, and had to acquiesce to WinXP in a VirtualBox instance. :-(