PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] HDMI connected to TV as second screen. Full screen youtube switches to Laptop screen

Yoast
August 28th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Hi there,

I have an Cer Aspire 5742Z and I use HDMI to display the screen on an HDTV.

Everything works fine under Win7 and almost everything works fine under Ubuntu.

Since the laptop has a max resolution of 1366*768 I just use two screens. I start apps in the laptop scren and then drag them right into the second screen (TV:Full HD.).

This works very well. I can click on any film on the laptop and it will display it on the TV+a connected audio system. I just click on a film, drag the player (VLC or the "Movie Player") drag it right and then set the player to full-screen (F11 or click).

I can also play clips on youtube. In Win7 I can click on "full screen" and just watch. In Ubuntu, unfortunately, when I click full-screen the big screen freezes and the full screen appears on the lapto-screen, rather than the TV screen.

Since this effect is identical in Firefox and Chrome I suspect that either the flash extension returns wrong info, or something goes wrong at the OS or browser level.

I used Flash-aid to leave me with only on 64bit flash plugin.

Can you help me?

How can I tell the exact cause of the problem? and how can I solve it?

thanks for your help.
Y.

Wild Man
August 5th, 2012, 04:37 AM
If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.