PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Are Evolution mail files fully compatible with other Mozilla like SeaMonkey?

Sleepy-zz-John
August 28th, 2011, 04:04 AM
I keep extensive mail file archives and I've been using SeaMonkey in Ubuntu as my mail client for the last 2 years.

But now because I'm about to do some globetrotting, I'm trying to transfer all my e-mail operations to a new Acer Aspire One netbook. My plan was simply to install SeaMonkey in the new netbook, and copy my current and archive mail files over, but unfortunately due to bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/832153, it's looking doubtful if I'll be able to get SeaMonkey working in time before I depart.

So as a quick temporary measure, since I understand mail formats used by Mozilla clients are largely compatible, I wondering if I could use Evolution until I can get SeaMonkey working on that netbook again.

I use multiple POP accounts, so my question is whether anyone has experience of importing and interchanging mail archive files between Evolution and SeaMonkey. Any problems? Any known incompatibilities?

kyletstrand
August 28th, 2011, 04:08 AM
there shouldn't be a problem if I understand your question correctly. this link should be of some help.

http://www.stchman.com/export_evolution.html