View Full Version : [SOLVED] Installing DKSM and Linux-Generic-Headers on Ubuntu 4.10

August 26th, 2011, 12:14 AM
To enable Shared Folders, it appears I need to install the above two packages on my VisualBox Guest account. As DKSM is a kernel module, I'm a bit worried to do this by foot; and they don't appear in the old (as of Ubuntu 4.10) apt-cache searches.

(1) Is there a clever way of doing this easily? (e.g., in some way modifying the apt sources.list such that it finds it directly in a more recent distribution - I tried and failed)

(2) If not, the headers of course are easy. But anyone know what the oldest STABLE dksm version is, and where I should go to download it securily? I find a number of places for dksm files on the web, but for the particular kernel in place with ubuntu 4.10.

Other thought, comments, suggestions obviously most welcome too. It appears VirtualBox isn't quite the 'out of the box' solution it markets itself as, at least for somewhat dated OSs.

Edit: Well, in terms of headers, it also would help where to put them once I found them, assuming something like (1) is impossible, as seems likely.

August 26th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Figured it out; closing.

August 26th, 2011, 04:48 AM
4.10 :confused::confused::confused: