PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] can I uninstall a windows program from Ubuntu

myengliah
August 25th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Hi All,
I have serious problem of Vista BSOD. Can I restore Vista to old date from Ubuntu. I am logging into the laptop using Live Ubuntu CD.
Also could someone tell me if I can uninstall a Windows installed program (like Oracle)from Ubuntu?

Any help is much appreciated.

thanks in advance for your kind help
Kal

pqwoerituytrueiwoq
August 25th, 2011, 08:07 PM
as far as i know the best you can do is delete the files in the program preventing it from starting cleaning the registry will be tricky if not impossible
i dont think you can do a proper uninstall

sanderd17
August 25th, 2011, 08:08 PM
This will not be easy, and I don't know of any tools made for it.

The easiest thing will be to backup your data from the live CD and reinstall Vista.

pierreyy
August 25th, 2011, 08:13 PM
i dont think u can... as previously said i think the best solution is to backup ur files from the live cd, format and then just do a fresh install...

myengliah
August 26th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Than you all for the replies. Just out of interest, is it possible to write a little program in Ubuntu/ any unix flavour OS , to uninstall Windows installed programs or atleat UNIX commands in a batch file? By the way, is it possible to do UNIX shell programming in Ubuntu? Thanks again.

flurospar
August 26th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Hi All,
Also could someone tell me if I can uninstall a Windows installed program (like Oracle)from Ubuntu?

This one would require a lot of programming. A tool called chntpw might help (chntpw is mainly known as a password cracker, but it also has a registry editor).

Jagoly
August 26th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Than you all for the replies. Just out of interest, is it possible to write a little program in Ubuntu/ any unix flavour OS , to uninstall Windows installed programs or atleat UNIX commands in a batch file? By the way, is it possible to do UNIX shell programming in Ubuntu? Thanks again.

If you mean bash, then yes, of course. It's a unix-like OS, afterall.