PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Screen Size Problem

yellowdog1000
August 25th, 2011, 04:30 PM
My issue is that the Ubuntu install created a screen size that is slightly larger than my physical screen size. The result is the very bottom of the main desktop is out of view. This is not a screen resolution problem, this is a display size problem. My mouse will track off screen at the bottom. I have an HP Mini. I suspect that I need to set some parameter(s) in X11 or gnome but I have no idea of the proper file or setting. Any ideas?

snip3r8
August 25th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Does your Screen have an autosize option?

yellowdog1000
August 25th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Sorry, I do not know about autosize. How does one check - where are the files or what are the commands?

tzily
August 25th, 2011, 05:19 PM
autosize options are for tv's only as far as i know

have you tried changing the gksudo nvidia-settings ?
try an auto resolution or panning from advanced from xserver display configurations / also in DFP-0 check if you have scaling and set it to stretch or something

snip3r8
August 25th, 2011, 05:27 PM
autosize options are for tv's only as far as i know btw

have you tried changing the gksudo nvidia-settings ?
try an auto resolution or panning from advanced from xserver display configurations / also in DFP-0 check if you have scaling and set it to stretch or something

my Samsung BX2031(monitor,definately not tv) supports autosize(aka auto adjust). and practically every LCD monitor ive seen.

tzily
August 25th, 2011, 05:30 PM
my Samsung BX2031(monitor,definately not tv) supports autosize(aka auto adjust). and practically every LCD monitor ive seen.

oh, weird. i dunno, because i've upgraded from laptop lcd straight to lcd-tv... but then again, laptops as in this case mini, don't have buttons and settings for the screen, therefore no autosize/aspect ratio options ;)

realzippy
August 25th, 2011, 05:55 PM
The autosize option is in your LCD-TV's menu,not in your ubuntu.