PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] installing eclipse 3.2 on ubuntu

the_robust
August 25th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Hi All,

I want to implement Ubuntu in my organisation and eliminate the windows platform but it seems more or less impossible. We are mobile software development company and work on Java, Symbian, Android platforms to develop the relevant applications. I am trying to start with Java and have setup a ubuntu 10.04 machine to test the softwares on it. i have installed wine to test the same. i am facing problem with installation of eclipse on the wine and seems it is again platform dependency thus wont work on other than real environments. Should i continue with it or should i try ubuntu installation setups of the softwares (seems impossible to find every software's ubuntu installation though)
Would anybody help me with the same here?

Regards

bolucpap
August 25th, 2011, 07:11 AM
You can find Eclipse and many other software packages in Ubuntu software center. Just click on install and it will download and install eclipse.

the_robust
August 25th, 2011, 07:31 AM
You can find Eclipse and many other software packages in Ubuntu software center. Just click on install and it will download and install eclipse.

Thanks for your suggestion. Could you tell me which would be a better platform? 32bit or 64bit?

the_robust
August 25th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Hello,

Now i have installed JDK and JRE and eclipse also. Any help how could i determine the version of jdk installed?
Moreover, i am facing issue when i try to install the last software for java i.e. java wireless toolkit. i followed this thread to install the same but i get the following error when the installation starts:

0) Begin copying files if you are satisfied with the settings .
1) Cancel the installation.
Select a choice [0-1]: 0
Checksumming...

Extracting the installation files...
sun_java_wireless_toolkit-2.5.2_01-linuxi486.bin.sh: 466: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/jar: not found
Failed to extract files. Installation will stop now.
Please try to install Sun Java(TM) Wireless Toolkit again, or contact wtk-comments@sun.com for assistance.

Quick help would be appreciated!!!

Regards