PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Screen Resolution Problems (Ubuntu 11.04)

KleioWatson
August 25th, 2011, 06:01 AM
I recently downloaded Ubuntu 11.04 on my Gateway netbook LT2104U (10.1"). The screen resolution was fine until the other day when I turned on my computer and it was off the bottom of the screen. I've been doing the Alt+Left click thing, but I am frustrated. I've tried changing it in System settings - Monitors - Resolution but it only has 1024 x 768 (4:3) which it is set on, 800 x 600 and 640 x 480. I'm not even sure what it's supposed to be.
I don't know very much about computers so detailed descriptions would be very helpful! Thank you in advance.

-Kleio

jfed
August 25th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Not to be mean or anything, but try looking around the forums or googling, it seems a lot of people have had about the same problem as you.

KleioWatson
August 25th, 2011, 06:17 AM
I have been. But the solution never seems to be the same and I've tried putting the things in the terminal that other people suggest and it doesn't work. Or I don't understand. I've been trying for a long time, but only have so many hours I can spend browsing the web. Maybe I've just been looking in the wrong places.