PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Evolution contacts

vagelism
August 24th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Hello to all!
I conected evolution mail with Yahoo, hotmail, and Gmail with success. I also input the Yahoo contacts to it. But after I made a new contact book and imported my Outlook mail it crashed.
Every time I go to contacts and open the outlook contact book after some seconds the application stops to respont and I have to kill it!
Any ideas to solve this problem?
Thank you!

Rex Bouwense
August 24th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Not too sure what the problems is. If I understand you correctly, you have successfully imported one address book (from Yahoo) but when you tried to import your address book from Outlook it causes Evolution to crash. Is that the problem?

vagelism
August 24th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Not too sure what the problems is. If I understand you correctly, you have successfully imported one address book (from Yahoo) but when you tried to import your address book from Outlook it causes Evolution to crash. Is that the problem?

I imported also the contacts from OUTLOOK. But after a while it crash.When I reopen the Evolution the contacts are there...
I noticed that , when I have closed the Evolution mail but and work only with contacts then it doesn't crash!
Thank you!

Rex Bouwense
August 24th, 2011, 07:41 PM
How badly do you need the contacts in your Outlook address book? If everything worked before you imported that address book, I would delete the address book.
This is one of the reasons that I ditched Evolution for Thunderbird. Thunderbird just works or at least it works for me and I have been using it for years first on Windows and now on Ubuntu.

vagelism
August 24th, 2011, 07:47 PM
How badly do you need the contacts in your Outlook address book? If everything worked before you imported that address book, I would delete the address book.
This is one of the reasons that I ditched Evolution for Thunderbird. Thunderbird just works or at least it works for me and I have been using it for years first on Windows and now on Ubuntu.

Not so badly after all, in order to pass the contacts from outlook to Evolution the only way was threw Thunderbird!
I will live with it!
Thanks any way!