PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sound stops working in the middle of Flash Vid - Needs Reboot

unc0nn3ct3d
August 23rd, 2011, 08:42 PM
This problem is ridiculous and I've had it for a long fricken time without any solution. So far it's happened with Firefox and Chrome.. I'll be watching a flash vid from youtube or wimp.com and the sound will suddenly cut out in the middle while the video continues playing.. the kick in the balls is that the sound dies for the entire system, not just the browser. I've killed and restarted pulse, I've done a force-restart with Alsa and it still doesn't come back.. I've pgrep 'ed chrome and firefox and shut everything down and still nothing. The only way to get sound back is to reboot the entire system.

How is it that this bug can override a restart of pulse and alsa? Is it messing with ACPI or something? Some days I'll get hours of youtube and other days I have to restart after 5 minutes.

Any ideas on what to do?

unc0nn3ct3d
August 27th, 2011, 02:24 PM
And there we go again, sound just cut out watching a dump.com video. Battery is unplugged and i'm jacked into the AC so there goes my theory that it had something to do with it being plugged in and having the battery in although if my memory serves me I believe that it has never happened while unplugged with the battery in..

Now time to shut down everything running to reboot my machine again.. Yay!

unc0nn3ct3d
October 14th, 2011, 10:03 PM
I'm still facing this issue.. Anyone at all heard of a solution. There's no way outside of a reboot to restore my sound.

jcm2302
February 27th, 2013, 10:12 PM
im having the same problem when watching movies or listening to music have to reboot to get sound to come back but when i use headphones everything is fine wtf (frusterated)