PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unsorted Bookmarks Firefox 6

Greg Mueller
August 17th, 2011, 10:15 PM
It didn't bother me a lot in previous releases, but now Mozilla has stuck us with "Unsorted Bookmarks" at the bottom of the bookmarks so you have to look at it every time you do your bookmarks pull down. As many complaints as they have had over "Unsorted Bookmarks" you'd think they would catch on and at least gives us a delete option.

Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Greg Mueller
August 17th, 2011, 11:47 PM
How about going back to the last version of FF.

Can someone tell me how to do that?

Johnb0y
August 18th, 2011, 12:25 AM
what i did was just download a previous version you like and have it installed as you install it at the first time. (p.s. then tweak it...)

I had the problem similar and decided to do solve in this way. it works great. :KS

*edit, there probably is a better way, but i like clean installs, etc...

Johnb0y
August 18th, 2011, 12:27 AM
p.s. there is: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Sorting%20bookmarks

Greg Mueller
August 18th, 2011, 12:36 AM
What I meant was that when you click on Bookmarks, down at the bottom of the list of Bookmarks it says Unsorted Bookmarks

It just sits there and takes up space and there is no way to make it go away. They just added it to the bookmark list in FF6

Johnb0y
August 18th, 2011, 12:38 AM
not got 6 yet, but, is there a show all bookmarks option? have you tried deleting it this way?

Greg Mueller
August 18th, 2011, 01:05 AM
yep

If you don't have FF6 I wouldn't

Johnb0y
August 18th, 2011, 01:42 AM
yep

If you don't have FF6 I wouldn't

lol!

ron999
August 18th, 2011, 01:48 AM
They just added it to the bookmark list in FF6
No they didn't.
It was there in previous releases too.

lovinglinux
August 18th, 2011, 01:54 AM
The Unsorted Bookmarks exists since Firefox 3.0. It hasn't change on Firefox 6.

It is the place where Firefox saves bookmarks, if you do not select a specific folder. This happens when you just click the star icon in the address bar once. If you click the star icon twice, you can select where to save the bookmark.

If you want to hide it, use Sidebar Bookmark Selector (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/sidebar-bookmark-selector/) extension.

Greg Mueller
August 18th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Yes Unsorted Bookmarks was there in previous releases but not at the bottom of the Bookmarks pulldown with a couple spaces in between it and the real bookmarks.

lovinglinux
August 18th, 2011, 04:01 AM
Yes Unsorted Bookmarks was there in previous releases but not at the bottom of the Bookmarks pulldown with a couple spaces in between it and the real bookmarks.

Oh, I see it now. You could try to use DOM inspector to find that item ID and remove it using Stylish.

Greg Mueller
August 18th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Stylish is not available for FF6

lovinglinux
August 18th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Stylish is not available for FF6

It is not reviewed yet, but it is available for download at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/versions/