View Full Version : [all variants] Firefox and yahoo mail

August 17th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Im running Kubuntu 11.04 64bit and Firefox 5 and have flash installed - i've tried both the beta 64bit and stable 32 plugins.
Anyway in yahoo trying to upload and attachment just doesnt work - i test it with a tiny file and takes forever ( never finishes ) works perfect in windows - also have the same problem in Xubuntu

August 17th, 2011, 04:47 PM
I haven't had this problem across multiple releases of Ubuntu (8.04 -> 11.04) and Firefox (3 -> 5). I have not tried any of the "extra" Ubuntu versions though (like XUbuntu, Kubuntu).

If you boot off a "regular" Live cd of Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS or 11.04 does it work?

Are all the packages and your system up to date?

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

August 17th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Have not tried the Live CD and all is up todate including Firefox 6. But i can report the following. By fooling yahoo into thinking i have very old ( lower the screen res. ) i get yahoo classic in this the file attach works perfect. Also when in university today on their wifi network File attach worked 9/10 , came home back to un able to work.
I still think its some sort of flash problem - but just seems very odd - is there any way for me to find out exactly what is going wrong?
BTW also tried the same using chromium - same result.