PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] cannot configure Reliance Netconnect EC121 USB modem in Ubuntu 11.04

rayinferno
August 15th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Hey guys

I recently started using Ubuntu 11.04 . I dual-booted with windows 7. In windows platform i connect to internet using Reliance Netconnect Huawei EC121 USB modem. But I cannot configure this USB modem in Ubuntu. Hence Im not being to able to connect to internet using ubuntu. Is there any way I can configure this Huawei EC121 modem and use it in ubuntu??? Please help me out!

Any sorts of advices are welcomed!!

androssofer
August 15th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Hey guys

I recently started using Ubuntu 11.04 . I dual-booted with windows 7. In windows platform i connect to internet using Reliance Netconnect Huawei EC121 USB modem. But I cannot configure this USB modem in Ubuntu. Hence Im not being to able to connect to internet using ubuntu. Is there any way I can configure this Huawei EC121 modem and use it in ubuntu??? Please help me out!

Any sorts of advices are welcomed!!

this help:

http://www.hasanen.com/?p=25

siddharthshetty
August 15th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I'm not on my ubuntu machine right now but i believe that you have to goto applications>system>preferences>networks connections
and there go to the "wireless" tab and click add . the rest of the process should be quite straightforward. I'll try and get to my machine and give you a more accurate answer. but i'm sure this is how you do it.

oh and btw if ur using unity i think you should search network in the search bar. to lead you to the network connections.

varunendra
August 15th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Usually it gets automatically detected as "Mobile Broadband". If not, you may try adding it manually choosing/supplying relevant settings/options.

In another case, if you use an ID, password to get connected (i.e., a dialup connection instead of 'mobile broadband'), you'll have to install wvdial. Follow this if you need to install it: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11053450&postcount=4