PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Control Sound Per Program

scu-ba-de-buntu
August 13th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Anyone here have a good solution for individually controlling sound output without relying on that individual programs audio settings?
For example:

I am writing a paper while listening to some nice creative commons jamendo music, and I have to look something up online - I don't want to hear random audio/video advertisements.

or

I get a VoIP call and I want that program to continue with sound, but want to mute my 8bit sequencer and whatever else.

PS: 100 post!

haqking
August 13th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Anyone here have a good solution for individually controlling sound output without relying on that individual programs audio settings?
For example:
I am writing a paper while listening to some nice creative commons jamendo music, and I have to look something up online - I don't want to hear random audio/video advertisements.

or

I get a VoIP call and I want that program to continue with sound, but want to mute my 8bit sequencer and whatever else.
PS: 100 post!

you can disable sounds via adblock in firefox http://virtuelvis.com/archives/2005/04/disable-sound-firefox

or Opera will disable embedded sounds.

As for 100 posts, congrats, but remember if the posts are no use to anyone then 100 beans is as useful as 100 coffee beans without hot water and a grinder ;-)