PDA

View Full Version : Dell 8200 Laptop Ubuntu 10.04

anewguy
August 4th, 2011, 12:19 PM
I just bought a new laptop today, so the 2nd Dell I was keeping for myself I no longer need.

Dell 8200, 15" screen, 30gb hard disk, 1gb memory, P4 Mobile 2ghz, CD-RW, 1 relatively new battery that lasts about 1 1/2 hours, a 2nd used battery that lasts about 1/2 hour tops, Wireless card installed internally - G or B compatible, AC adapter, Creative Live webcam I've never tried in Ubuntu, nice case.

I just cleared the hard disk, repartitioned and installed Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. After wireless was installed it ran a lot of updates (300+).

Installed the wireless driver (fwcutter, dkpg and a firmware package. Supports WPA2.

I know normally this would sell for $150 or a little more. I don't need it now, so I'm only asking $75 +$30 for UPS packing and shipping. I keep packing things, bringing them there and they insist they have to package it or it isn't insured, so I just take "bare" stuff to them for packing and shipping - the $30 includes the packaging and shipping. Can pay by PayPal.

EDIT: Created EBay auction for this item complete with photos: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220825446894

Thanks for looking - if you need more info just let me know.

Dave ;)

anewguy
August 7th, 2011, 02:39 AM
Sold on Ebay for the $75 I was asking, so this item is no longer available.

phuongdt3
August 9th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Sold on Ebay for the $75 I was asking, so this item is no longer available.

really ?