PDA

View Full Version : About my project[need suggestions]

kenpachi.oae
August 3rd, 2011, 10:27 PM
I am going to develop a program. It is a package backup & restore program. It is going to backup packages and when needed it will restore. If you have suggestions, i would like to hear them. Which features should i include.

hakermania
August 3rd, 2011, 10:31 PM
Hello, be more specific so as to help you out with our suggestions.
What is your program's intention? What will exactly do? You weren't very clear :)

kenpachi.oae
August 3rd, 2011, 10:40 PM
Hello, be more specific so as to help you out with our suggestions.
What is your program's intention? What will exactly do? You weren't very clear :)

i will backup package names. When the system is down. i will restore them. For example when user cannot open the system, he will be able to start restoration through a button (like F11). It will show a gui and user can return to snapshot that he/she backed up. That is the main goal. I am just designing the program.

hakermania
August 3rd, 2011, 10:52 PM
Ok, now it is more clear to me. So, you will mainly take a backup (snapshot) of the current system's condition and then restore it...
Well, nice idea, many linux users tend to reinstall their system because of minor errors they've done!

I would suggest option for keeping the user's files as well (!)
Or an option to keep the files absolutely needed!

kenpachi.oae
August 3rd, 2011, 10:54 PM
Ok, now it is more clear to me. So, you will mainly take a backup (snapshot) of the current system's condition and then restore it...
Well, nice idea, many linux users tend to reinstall their system because of minor errors they've done!

I would suggest option for keeping the user's files as well (!)
Or an option to keep the files absolutely needed!

thank you. I will keep this in mind.

alperenel
August 19th, 2011, 04:06 AM
other suggestions?