PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Downloads and Updates keep telling me untrusted and check network...

Lavelle
July 31st, 2011, 06:42 AM
Hi,

I'm pretty new to Ubuntu, and I was under the impression that it wouldn't give me issues like Windows did, but I've come in contact with a little issue. I was trying to download a messenger thing and it told me 'Can't download; untrusted package; check Internet connection'

I thought that it was just because too many people were on at home in my house, but when I tried to update my system it said the same thing. What do I do, because if no one can help me I'm going to have to do what I did with Windows. Reinstall everything or just go back to Windows and deal with everything. And I really don't wanna do that.

Please help me

Wild Man
July 31st, 2011, 09:59 AM
Hi, run this command in a terminal please and post the results here

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
by clicking on new reply and click # and paste the information between the brackets.

The only time I have seen that message is when I am trying to install a package from an outside source like a website, other wise you should not get that message and it should still let you install it if you choose too.
Thank you

Lavelle
July 31st, 2011, 02:57 PM
Thank you so very much :D It worked wonderfully. I know what to do if it happens again.

Wild Man
July 31st, 2011, 07:01 PM
Hi, your welcome!