PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Ndiswrapper? Does it work?

LinXNut
July 30th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Hi I have a Belkin 54g wireless network card. The Info about it is below.

03:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4306 802.11b/g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 03)
Subsystem: Belkin F5D7011 v1000 High-Speed Mode Wireless G Notebook Card
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 64, IRQ 19
Memory at 28000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
Kernel driver in use: b43-pci-bridge
Kernel modules: ssbThe internet connection manager says "Firmware Missing". I have had this problem before, but I dont remember how I fixed it.
:confused:

Thanks

Wild Man
July 30th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Hi, you do not need ndiswrapper remove it and open synaptic and type in broadcom and remove all of the ones in that section that are installed.
Then run these commands

sudo apt-get install b43-fwcutter && sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer
Then disconnect your wired connection and restart your computer.

LinXNut
July 30th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Solved! Thank you. I remember it was something I had to install, but I just wanted to make sure I would install the right thing.

Wild Man
July 30th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Hi, your welcome!!! would you please go to the top of the page and mark this thread solved be clicking on thread tools. Thank you so much.

lasaleds
August 26th, 2011, 06:09 PM
hi - newbie here installing ubuntu on a d610 with a belkin wireless pcmcia plugin. I have exactly the same problem as described above ... when I try & follow the instructions above I get ...

ubantulaptop@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install b43-fwcutter && sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done b43-fwcutter is already the newest version. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following NEW packages will be installed firmware-b43-installer 0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. Need to get 3,632 B of archives. After this operation, 49.2 kB of additional disk space will be used. Err http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ natty/multiverse firmware-b43-installer all 4.150.10.5-5 Could not resolve ‘gb.archive.ubuntu.com’ Failed to fetch http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/multiverse/b/b43-fwcutter/firmware-b43-installer_4.150.10.5-5_all.deb Could not resolve ‘gb.archive.ubuntu.com’ E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

any suggestions please..?

Wild Man
August 26th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Hi, were you connected to the internet by a wired connection when your tried to install the driver? Please post the results of these commands.

lspci -nn | grep 0280

sudo lshw -C network

iwconfig

rfkill list all
Thank you

praseodym
August 26th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Try:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install b43-fwcutter firmware-b43-installer
Do you have any internet connection?

lasaleds
August 26th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Thanks for offers of help you guys.

I got it working okay - I followed a set of instructions here ...
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/bcm43xx

Steve

Wild Man
August 26th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Hi, I am glad you got it working.