PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Wireless problems in 11.04

Bigneil
July 30th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Hi every one.

I recently decided to update ubuntu on my PC which dual boots W7 and previously 10.04. I have done a clean install from disk of 11.04 but i am having a little trouble finding drivers for my wireless. In previous editions of ubuntu I was able to find the driver through <administation> then <additional drivers>. but with this latest release of ubuntu 11.04 There is nothing in <additional drivers> for my wireless card.

I am right to suspect that my wireless card is no longer supported and if so what is the solution?

..almost forgot. my card is a (Broadcom BCM4306 802.11 b/g).

cheers

Bigneil

ratcheer
July 30th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Your card is still supported. I am not very familiar with that card, but others will be along to help you.

Tim

Bigneil
July 30th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Thanks for replying. I just noticed a huge sticky for brodcom 43** wireless cards....Doh! I'll go and have a read of it.

Wild Man
July 30th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Hi, if you need more help post back here.
Thank you

nm_geo
July 30th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Be sure to pay attention to the (rev 2) Or (rev 3).

Here is another site that will help to determine if you need the firmware-b43legacy-installer or the straight firmware-b43-installer.

http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43

IWantFroyo
July 30th, 2011, 08:27 PM
You can go into Synaptic and search 'b43'.

There will be three firmware packages, each with a list of the cards they support in the description. Your card should be there somewhere.

vikas153
July 30th, 2011, 08:37 PM
hi everyone sorry to disturb your discussion ...actually i am using airbase-ng tool for having a Rogue AP ......and according to my teacher i need to stop its beacons so that no one could see it (otherwise client will detect two ap with same essid) .........so my question is how to suppress the beacons with this tool (airbase-ng) or with some other tool....

thanks in advance :)

Wild Man
July 30th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Hi vikas153, I am not sure how to do what you need, but you should start your own thread with a good title describing the problem so people will see your thread and help you.
Thank you:)

Bigneil
July 30th, 2011, 09:54 PM
You can go into Synaptic and search 'b43'.

There will be three firmware packages, each with a list of the cards they support in the description. Your card should be there somewhere.

That did the trick. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_t5SkdcxhRHg/TLeqitHYMTI/AAAAAAAAAEU/PEgeF90OxUA/s1600/thumbs_up_smiley.gif.jpg

Cheers