PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Permanently delete one particular wireless network

jonlemur
July 30th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Hello, I'm wanting to permanently delete one particular wireless network. I don't want to merely disable auto-connect, I want it to not even show up in my list of available networks. Is there a way to do this? I'd like to still be able to connect other wireless networks.

I'm using Ubuntu 11.04

Thanks

garvinrick4
July 30th, 2011, 05:54 AM
#You can edit connections in network manager with applet in upper right that you must have seen. Edit connections to wireless to highlight connection and hit edit and remove.
#If it is a routers SSID you do not want to see when it scans then it must be a router of yours. Type in your default gateway in URL and put in routers user name and password and make changes.

jonlemur
July 30th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Thanks for the reply. When I edit connections and delete it, it just reappears immediately. It seems that there should be a config file somewhere that I can blacklist certain networks from appearing in nm-applet.

FuzzyFeat
August 14th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I am having a problem similar to yours. I delete the connection and it pops up again, and again, and again .. . I posted the problem as a ghost connection, but have received no solution. Luck to us both.

walt.smith1960
August 14th, 2011, 08:58 PM
This is on Ubuntu 11.04 classic with Gnome 2 menus, not sure about Unity. System -> Preferences -> Network Connections -> Wireless. Select the network you want to delete and "delete". That should make it go away permanently.

FuzzyFeat
November 22nd, 2011, 03:17 PM
This is on Ubuntu 11.04 classic with Gnome 2 menus, not sure about Unity. System -> Preferences -> Network Connections -> Wireless. Select the network you want to delete and "delete". That should make it go away permanently.

Yes it should, but it doesn't. That is the problem. It keeps reappearing. sometimes right away, many times in a couple of days, one time over a week.