PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Removing DVD Region Codes

oxf
July 27th, 2011, 12:01 AM
I need to make a back up DVD. I see there are lots of options for dong this .eg. K9copy, DVD Rip, DVD95 etc etc. My question is do any of these remove the region code on DVD's?
Or do I need a seperate utility? If so what?

Thanks
Katja

mc4man
July 27th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Once ripped region coding is gone

oxf
July 27th, 2011, 02:17 AM
Once ripped region coding is gone

Hmm OK. I remember when I did it in windows it was a several stage process.
Rip DVD
Utility to remove region proetction
Burn to disk.

But maybe I misundersrood it?

Katja

mc4man
July 27th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Hmm OK. I remember when I did it in windows it was a several stage process.
Rip DVD
Utility to remove region proetction
Burn to disk.

But maybe I misundersrood it?

Katja
any ripper/method I've used, whether win or linux would show one or the other for burned disks depending on method and apps/progs used, no extra required steps..

libdvdnav: DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00c00000. Regions: 1 2 3 4 5 6
or
libdvdnav: DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00000000. Regions: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

The only exception is the rare disk dumped to encrypted iso, css stripped in place and burned back to dvd. In that one case would it would maintain orig. region coding as on the orig. disk.

oxf
July 28th, 2011, 12:00 AM
any ripper/method I've used, whether win or linux would show one or the other for burned disks depending on method and apps/progs used, no extra required steps..

The only exception is the rare disk dumped to encrypted iso, css stripped in place and burned back to dvd. In that one case would it would maintain orig. region coding as on the orig. disk.

OK thanks! and code.
Understood! :)