PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 11.04, "Edit Bookmarks" missing

MAFoElffen
July 25th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Normal access for deleting a folder bookmark would be Places > Bookmarks > Edit Bookmarks -or- as I remember, right click on bookmark > remove bookmark...

This machine seems to have those functions missing. I need to delete some old bookmarks that don't exist anymore.

If I go to Edit menu's to try to add if to the menu, Places and bookmark things are not there. Anyone know how to get around this? Even if manually?

Krytarik
July 25th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Normal access for deleting a folder bookmark would be Places > Bookmarks > Edit Bookmarks -or- as I remember, right click on bookmark > remove bookmark...
Well, at least in my system, Lucid 10.04, neither of these ways works. But instead, open Nautilus -> Bookmarks -> Edit Bookmarks.

If you need to remove/edit the bookmarks manually though, they are stored in "~/.gtk-bookmarks" in your home directory.

Greetings.

MAFoElffen
July 25th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Well, at least in my system, Lucid 10.04, neither of these ways works. But instead, open Nautilus -> Bookmarks -> Edit Bookmarks.

If you need to remove/edit the bookmarks manually though, they are stored in "~/.gtk-bookmarks" in your home directory.

Greetings.
Here's a screenshot of Places (Nautilus) > Bookmarks <> With the missing Edit Bookmarks... That's where the Natty doc's say it's supposed to be, just like Lucid.

Will try to edit "~/.gtk-bookmarks" manually, trying to figure out which of the 4 duplicate bookmarks is the one I want to keep... LMAO!

Still confused how my "Edit Bookmarks" menu item is missing and how to edit the Places/Nautilus Menu... or how to call The edit menu from the command line so I could add it through the gmome menu. I'm sure there's some way to get it back. I'm just not sure of the "where."

EDIT--> Did it manual edit. Worked great / Thanks on that part...