PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba Satellite LS305-S5919 wireless not working

Z0mb13M0nk3y
July 23rd, 2011, 04:28 PM
I'm having problems with my new install of Linux Mint 11 on my laptop. The install seems to be working fine, but I'm having problems connecting to the internet. I set up the wireless connection to my router and all, but still nothing. I'm wondering if this is a wireless adapter (the one built into the laptop) or something and how is that fixed. As a result I can't update anything or get all the drivers and all that I need.

Artificial Intelligence
July 23rd, 2011, 04:37 PM
Moved to Other OS/Distro Talk.

As you're new, you may not know it, but Mint have their own forum: http://forums.linuxmint.com/

Z0mb13M0nk3y
July 24th, 2011, 06:31 AM
I've just installed Linux Mint and I'm having problems getting my wireless card working...I've been searching on google and on the Mint forums, but can't seem to get anything. I've done an lspci -vvnn and found the wireless ethernet controller, but it's stating for Capabilities: <access denied>. This is the same for the other ethernet controller. It started off acknowledging my internet connection before the install, but after is has decided it doesn't like it. I am new and have no idea what to do and I can't seem to find out any information anywhere else.

Artificial Intelligence
July 24th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Thread merged. Don't make multiply threads about the same issue, thanks.