PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] mount linux

eslam elbyaly
July 23rd, 2011, 07:33 PM
hi folks , it is the first time to use linux(ubontu) and linux in generally , and
i have some questions .

1- can i mount the .iso file of linux after downloading it , then copy the contents of the cd
to a flash memory or mobile ?
2- must the mobile or the flash memory be empty to burn linux on it ? or it can has other
files and folder (contents) too ?
3- can not i mount the .iso file of linux , then run the wubi.exe from windows to try the linux or to install it , or i have to burn it on a cd ?

thanks in advance

eslam elbyaly
July 23rd, 2011, 08:25 PM
any help pleasssssse ?

bcbc
July 23rd, 2011, 08:51 PM
If you want to create a USB follow instructions here: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download (step 2, select USB, click Show me how.

You don't need to mount it to run wubi.exe or burn it to a CD. You can download the wubi.exe and save it in the same directory as the ISO and run wubi from there - it will find the ISO and use it.

You can mount it and run wubi.exe but if you're just 'opening it as an archive' running wubi.exe will not detect the ISO and it will download a new copy of the ISO.

Refer to the https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide for more info

eslam elbyaly
July 23rd, 2011, 09:03 PM
a lot of thanks to you bc , but
i did not find any answer to my questions , sure not because of you ,
may be because it is the first time to me .

but let us talk about my original situation which is , i am trying to install ubuntu on my pc

i downloaded ubuntu from the site , and i have my mobile (memory 1GB) just my mobile
there is no flash memory or cd ,

what should i do now ?

regards

eslam elbyaly
July 23rd, 2011, 11:16 PM
helpppppppppp?

bcbc
July 23rd, 2011, 11:21 PM
You have downloaded Ubuntu on your mobile phone? Take out the mini SD, stick it in an SD card adaptor, then in your computer and copy it. Burn it to CD or create a bootable USB.

I don't think you can do much with it on your mobile.

eslam elbyaly
July 23rd, 2011, 11:52 PM
you did not get me bc
i downloaded ubuntu on my pc , then i tried to burn it on my mobile ? and it did work , but there was errors when restart like (no configuration file , and other error)

or mount it in my computer , then copy the contents into my mobile ?

sure my mobile has other contents , is that reflect booting ?

regard the mentioned processes , what about it ?

regards

marekrndr
July 24th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Bet ya ten beans OP^ will go 'helpppppppppppppp?' in ten minutes.

Tea4all
July 24th, 2011, 12:30 AM
You want to boot the Ubuntu installation using your phone as an sd card?

eslam elbyaly
July 24th, 2011, 01:45 AM
i hope to install linux in anyway and i have nothing but my mobile with (1gb memory)

but
i finally downloaded wubi.exe , and i ran it , then followed the instructions , then

after a long waiting , it asked me to restart , i did , but it did not boot , it logged in windows xp , there were no other options ? why ? why ?

please guide me in a hurry , do not hesitate to help me

thanks in advance

Tea4all
July 24th, 2011, 02:01 AM
Uninstall wudi from the windows installer. Use unetbootin to create a bootable disk with the sd card. Then restart, and go into the boot menu in your BIOS. Select boot from usb. If you have a card reader, it would work better.
http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

bcbc
July 24th, 2011, 05:11 AM
i hope to install linux in anyway and i have nothing but my mobile with (1gb memory)

but
i finally downloaded wubi.exe , and i ran it , then followed the instructions , then

after a long waiting , it asked me to restart , i did , but it did not boot , it logged in windows xp , there were no other options ? why ? why ?

please guide me in a hurry , do not hesitate to help me

thanks in advance

right click on "My computer", Properties, Advanced, Startup & recovery settings. Check the "time to display list of operating systems" is greater than 0. Set it to 15 if it's zero.

If that's not the issue, you can copy and paste the contents of your C:\boot.ini