PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Need help with Hauppauge HVR-2250 on 11.04

joel.wietelmann
July 21st, 2011, 01:08 AM
Finally got fed up with my Win7 media center and decided to go back to Ubuntu. I had heard that Hauppauge tuners had good linux support, but apparently that is not exactly the case for the 2250.

I've searched the forums and found quite a bit information and people who got it working, but I haven't seen a very definitive guide for how to install the drivers for this sucker on 11.04.

Does such a thing exist, or is this (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9219191&postcount=212) as good as I'm gonna get?

movieman
July 21st, 2011, 06:37 AM
That's the thread I used with 10.04: I just copied the firmware files over and the digital side then worked fine. I haven't tried to get analog working because the analog channels go away at the end of August anyway.

joel.wietelmann
July 22nd, 2011, 12:15 AM
Yeah I just found someone else's post buried in another thread where all they did was copy the firmware files. That did appear to get me farther along. Sadly I'm on analog cable, so digital is not of much use to me (we get maybe 5 digital channels). Analog may be going away for OTA but the cable companies are holding out for as long as they can manage to upcharge for digital. Unless I can figure out the analog side I guess it's back to the Windows ghetto for me.

movieman
July 22nd, 2011, 05:10 AM
Can you return it and get a PVR-150? That's been working perfectly for me for the last two years.