PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 11.04 hangs when i Switch off Broadcom wireless adapter in my HP dm4 1009TU

spv1130@gmail.com
July 17th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Hi all,
I am using HP dm41009TU model laptop in which Broadcom wireless device came built in and there was no problem untill 10.10 but when i update to 11.04 after that whenever i switch off the wifi by pressing the dedicated button for it, the system gets hanged and even when i restrart manually by holding and pressing the power button for 5 seconds it does not even goes till login screen but its getting freezed in the Ubuntu loading screen itself.

Please consider this to be a bug and can anyone help me regarding this problem?

pennygov
August 6th, 2011, 01:21 AM
I'm running a dm4-1253cl, dual boot Win7/Kubuntu 11.04 and it does the same thing. The only way "out" (because the keys, mouse, etc. don't work) is to hold the power button down till it shuts down. Then I get a black screen when I reboot (always get a black screen anyway until I press the dedicated screen brightening button - which doesn't work on the aforementioned reboot). The only way to get it(kubuntu) running again is to boot into Windows and press the wifi button to on, then reboot into kubuntu.