PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Weird touchpad problem

parag14
July 16th, 2011, 08:29 PM
The touchpad in my laptop (dell studio 15) is behaving weirdly in my ubuntu 11.04. It stops working totally in a small area of my screen - no clicking or scrolling etc. in that region. Please help me..it is very annoying to say the least..

roololing
July 18th, 2011, 11:51 PM
There has been some previous talk of a problem in Unity where an invisible window comes up somewhere on the screen. It is a known bug that causes an area of the screen to become a "dead zone," where the mouse can't interact with the desktop or any of the windows below this invisible window.

Some people have been able to get rid of this window by restarting, logging off and on, etc. But some have trouble getting rid of it. And for some people it seems to go away on its own.

Here is the link to the bug report. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/787056)

dougalkerr
July 19th, 2011, 07:20 PM
This will probably not help at all because the solution would require being in the Windows environment and only effective for Windows but, there are zones that can be calibrated in a manufacturer supplied software calibration program for most touchpads. Unfortunately, I doubt very much that there is such a program available for us Linux users. Sorry.