View Full Version : [xubuntu] No sound after reboot, speaker icon gone too

July 16th, 2011, 02:01 PM

ever since i installed xubuntu i have this issue, where i can't turn the sound with the keys back on if i shut down my laptop with sound muted. Since i could turn it back on with the speaker icon i didn't care too much. But now this icon is missing too. The Envelope is also missing. I still have batterie and wireless.

I tried to follow some instruktions to fix sound problems. Thus i know my card is recognized and

michael@michi:~$ aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav
Wiedergabe: WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate: 48000 Hz, mono

amixer set Master toggle
doesn't fix the problem. fn + f8 neither, even though i geht a notice about turning the sound on/off.

I couldn't find this thread with search>find all your threads. Now i figure i maybe couldn't find a similar thread i opened a few hours ago. Until now i thought it just got lost. If this is a double post it just delete it.

July 16th, 2011, 06:14 PM
About the speaker indicator icon, make sure that the indicator plugin is added to the panel. Right-click the panel where it should be, select "Panel->Panel Preferences" and then go to the "Items" tab. If Indicator Plugin is not listed, click the + (plus) and add it.

July 19th, 2011, 09:06 PM
ok, i found a speaker icon, it works, but it is not what i had.

July 19th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Did you add the item called "indicator plugin"?